Complete, informative, realistic. An excellent choice.

Yates206's review of Lengalia - www.lengalia.com

“Complete, informative, realistic. An excellent choice.”

Written on: 05/10/2021 by Yates206 (1 review written)

SUMMARY
A complete Spanish course, offering useful, informative, and realistic content for beginners through to advanced students.

PERSONAL EXPERIENCE

As an advanced student, it is often difficult to find courses that fit your level and provide varied content while reviewing grammar and vocabulary, and presenting new content too. For me, the formula used by Lengalia worked perfectly and I felt like I was really benefiting from the classes.

I found the courses offered by Lengalia to be complete and comprehensive, especially in terms of grammar, vocabulary, and listening comprehension. With regards to the lack of speaking practice, I compensated for this by using the language partner site which allows native speakers to practice with each other. This more than made up for the lack of interactive practice available on Lengalia.

FEATURES
The placement test felt like it had been well thought out and I believe they definitely assessed my level correctly. (Theirs was not the only level test I did but it seemed like the most thorough).

Once I started the course, I was happy to find that the different courses were broken down into more manageable modules and that each module had its own theme and was on target in terms of appropriate content for the level (C1 in my case).
This combined with some great learning tools, like a voice recorder (which I was loath to use at the beginning but which now I would definitely recommend) and access to a virtual teacher made me feel like I was really benefiting from this course.
The content offered is vast and if you really make the most of all the options offered there are thousands of hours of potential learning available on Lengalia.

CONCLUSION
For me, it is one of the best online courses available for learning Spanish (and I have tried quite a few!), regardless of your level. The overall approach to each module is presented in a way that makes sense and is easy to follow. Not only do the lessons give you the ‘how’s’ and ‘why’s’, but they are also structured so that you can track your learning progress.
That combined with a very interesting language partner from Chile (found through previously mentioned site www.de.openlanguageexchange.com) whenever time allows, makes this way of learning Spanish particularly effective and it only costs me about 6 $ a month. A pretty good deal if you ask me!

Ps. I also recommended the course to my mother, who is an absolute beginner, and she is loving it! She was hesitant at first, but has now built up her confidence and is even considering looking for a language partner (I hope she finds a patient one!) so that she can start practicing some basic conversation skills. ¡Vamos, mamá, que tu puedes!