Ridiculous Fitting Instructions

Steelman123's review of Lindam Safety Gate

“Ridiculous Fitting Instructions”

Written on: 16/09/2014 by Steelman123 (3 reviews written)

I purchased the Lindam Metal Extending Safety Gate. Lindam promote the product boasting about "easy installation". I am reasonably competent at DIY but challenge anyone to install this product with ease. Be prepared to spend a couple of hours fitting the gate and ensure you have enough hair to pull out during the process. The instructions are only pictorial, maybe to save producing the leaflet in many different languages. The Lindam website provides a useless video of an 'everyday housewife' effortlessly fitting the gate. I joked with my wife saying a degree in mechanical engineering would have been useful.
I give two stars instead of one on the basis of the end product looks okay and the gate functions well once fitted.
Big tip: Checkout the instructions first; I wish I had. They are downloadable from Lindam.com. That will give you a feel for whether you want to take on the challenge or consider employing a professional to fit it.