Dishonest

299Pugh's review of SBS Insurance Services - www.sbs-claims.co.uk

“Dishonest”

Written on: 30/08/2018 by 299Pugh (1 review written)

I lost a diamond from my ring after a claw got damaged.My insurance company arranged for it to be repaired through SBS. My ring came back & after 18 months the claw has come loose again. I've taken it into a local jeweler who states the original repair is the 'WORST workmanship' he has ever seen and that it has been soldered with LEAD.I have since been to a 2nd jeweler who confirms the same.I rang SBS to investigate but they are not interested and no-one will take ownership.
The repair will now cost £450 to put right.

• Claimed Over a Year Ago

Have you made a claim

• Contents

Type of Cover

Sbsinsuranceservices's Comment

Written on: 31/08/2018

We are extremely sorry to have received this review and would like the opportunity to put this matter right for you and confirm some details.

We have allocated your claim and can confirm that SBS were advised by yourself that your jeweller had advised that the repair was completed in silver, not lead. We would never, ever use lead in any repair- and can confirm that the repair work that we completed was soldered in gold.

The repair was undertaken 2 years age (August 2016) and SBs offer a 12 month guarantee on all of our repairs in line with standard jewellery practice. I believe that we have already offered to re-collect your ring and review the repair as described by yourself and packaging to collect your ring was sent to you a day ago.

We have asked for a copy of your own jewellers report on this ring as we can not understand his findings based on the quality repair that we provided.

Hopefully we will be able to resolve this matter to your satisfaction based on our agreed actions.

Many thanks,