God save us from CET

EgriJ's review of More Than Home Insurance

“God save us from CET”

Written on: 08/01/2018 by EgriJ (1 review written)

I have my house insurance with MoreThan,part of it is a Home Emergency cover which I took out because I thought that in an emergency I would not know how to get hold of help. I still do not know because what I received from CET, the subcontractors to MoreThan cannot be called an emergency help.

My boiler broke down in September because,as I discovered, an old main gas pipe lets water in which eventually finds is way to the boilers in the street.It took CET 11 days NOT to find the cause which meant that I was without heating and hot water all this time.In the end I called out Worcester-Bosch who found the fault in less the 15 mins.

Next instance was some months later and although Cadent (National Grid to you and me) cleared the pipe,the boiler still refused to work.We were by now in November and I had to heat the house with fan heaters and the only way to get hot water for washing was to boil kettlefuls of water.

A fortnight went like this when Worcester Bosch came again and in less than 10 minutes established that water got into the pipe between the meter and the boiler. The responsibility of Cadent stops at the meter.It did not occur to any of the numerous engineers from CET who visited my house.

I could say that MoreThan's Home Emergency cover is a joke except it is not.The total ignorance and lack of skill of the engineers is danger to life and limb. Why MoreThan does not take it seriously is a mystery to me.

Have you made a claim