Made in China, head office in Birmingham

Horsman's review of The Cotswold Company

“Made in China, head office in Birmingham ”

Written on: 24/07/2019 by Horsman (1 review written)

‘Made in China’ label on the …
‘Made in China’ label on the furniture. Paid over £1000 so qualified for “delivery to room of choice” option. Delivery drivers (who are independent company) said they could not take off their muddy shoes as it was ‘policy’ and could not wear over shoes for ‘health and safety’ reasons.
Thankfully I have no stair carpet so they took the boxes upstairs but left them all in boxes, on the landing, leaving me to unpack and dispose of packaging (apparently there is
charge for this).
I was left to move a large 5 drawer dresser, 3 door wardrobe and bedside table into the room by myself.
The drawers were both fully built on arrival and to be fair the wardrobe did say ‘part assembled’ which I wrongly assumed would be just fixing the doors on. The reality is they provide an assembled base and I am expected to put the sides, back, top and doors on.
Rang Cotswold company (made in China) to complain and got a defensive response who said the delivery drivers could not wear over shoes as this is a health and safety issue with a chance they could slip in them. I pointed out it is not a Health & Safety issue, wearing them round a public swimming pool with wet areas so why is it when walking on carpet in them?
Knew I was not being heard or my constructive criticism being passed on so ended the call.
Delivery drivers missed a box off from the order which I had to ring through. Thank fully they dropped the missing box a few hours later after holding on the phone for over 15 mins.
Quality of wardrobe doors acceptable but not great. Furniture looks lovely but wouldn’t use them again.
V disappointing.