Not what we expected

Hedije's review of John Fowler, Widemouth Bay Caravan Park

“Not what we expected ”

Written on: 18/04/2022 by Hedije (1 review written)

Was very disappointed to find out that we had no reception on our phones at all in the whole caravan site and to make it worse no wifi either.
If I knew this I would have never gone there. My daughter had to finish off her assignments and submit it and it was a nightmare as no reception and no wifi to do her search / work and submit. She ended up sitting in the reception for three days / evenings ( as the only place with wifi) which had very poor reception as well but that’s the only choice she had. We asked staff if she could have the staff wifi login just to finish her work and submit it but the lady in charge couldn’t care less.
This completely ruined our break.
The caravan itself was sooooo tight/ minimal space in the bedrooms/ toilet with very small doors. I have bruises on my scapula from it and I was actually thinking if I had a few more pounds in weight it would have been impossible to safely use the facility .
Otherwise the staff were polite and ready to deal with any queries.
You had to book all the activities for children in advance : swimming, golf, etc.
Restaurant space was first come first serve!
Food not really great options !