Not the food poisoning we where looking for

• Quality of accommodation

• Facilities

• Proximity to local amenities

• Proximity to local attractions

burf2000's review of Center Parcs, Elveden Forest

“Not the food poisoning we where looking for”

Written on: 14/04/2014 by burf2000 (1 review written)

First of this, this is our 4th visit to this place and before now its been fantastic. A great friendly place until things goes wrong.

There where 5 of us in our party (1 baby, 1 young child, 1 OAP, 2 healthy Adults). One night we decided to have use the take out service for Pizza (Dining out). Only the 2 Adults.

5-6 hours later, we are burping egg, stomach cramps, my wife was vomiting and we both have explosive runs. This was the only meal that we had that the others had not.

In the morning after poor sleep, we reported it to Center Parc, They said they would investigate and gave us a refund (nice food poisoning for free). We had to do samples for the medical center and where told to stay away from everyone for 2 days (nice pay lots of money to be told to stay in villa).

My wife got it a lot worse and it ruined 2 days of our holiday. None of the others got it. We where told from Center parcs that they would get back to us within 3 days and seemed to be taking it seriously (ish) but kept saying they have only had food poisoning twice and so its probably viral.

After a week of hearing nothing I tried chasing up center parcs which was like banging your head against a wall. Finally after posting about them on twitter, we where told the samples where negative and so they take no responsibility for being ill and basically off you go. We even got a letter a few days later with the completely wrong date on, reinforcing that they wont do anything about it.

So, I will let you people decide, illness for 2 days, no updates until we write about it on twitter, letters with wrong dates on, no sorry for wasting our time, being ill etc.

It seems center parcs is a great place until something goes wrong, then its off you go, we don't care your recurring customer!

• Self Catering

Type of Accommodation

• Yes - Extra Cost

Is childcare available?

Are pets welcome?

Is there a shop on site?

Is there a restaurant on site?

Is there a pub on site?

• Proximity to local amenities

• Proximity to local attractions

S.h.a.d.o.'s Response to burf2000's Review

Written on: 23/06/2015

Yes this happened to us about 10 years ago in the Lakeside hotel revolving restaurant. One of our children had salmon and eggs for breakfast and was sick for two weeks ending up in hospital..They lost about two stone and never looked back really..I suppose that is one way to become super-fit after being quite overweight in child hood..No joking apart The Parc shrugs it off as an air borne bug..You should have reported the matter to health & safety to thetford council really..Regular customers don't seem to get the treatment of the new bunch, the ones who get all the gratuities and hospitality are the Christmas & Summer Holiday customers who seem to get letters from the boss all the time..I have seen piles of letters being prepared by the plaza reception staff while waiting in between customer service, that goes out "The Favourites" I am certainly NOT of them after 30 Holidays there. They know they get my money!

S.h.a.d.o.1.'s Response to burf2000's Review