Eckman long reach trimmer review

25Mattingly's review of Eckman Long-Reach Electric Telescopic Hedge Trimmer

“Eckman long reach trimmer review”

Written on: 24/05/2015 by 25Mattingly (1 review written)

took delivery yesterday after ordering direct with Eckman many weeks ago. Rang them 3 times for delivery update so at least I knew my order was being processed. The tool is very top heavy and even at its shortest its pretty unusable held anywhere but nearly vertically and I am not frail. The blade is fairly short but I knew that when buying but it feels weak compared with my shorter trimmer and underpowered. The balance is terrible with just a dead weight at the end of a long arm. Spend more money on a better product.

Mansionboy's Comment

Written on: 24/07/2015

I agree with many of the above points. In addition after just 2 occasions of using my trimmer it has burnt out and has produced electrical sparks and tripped all fuses connected to the machine in the garage and house indoors. It is now completely non functional. I therefore intend to return it and agree with the previous comment that it is noticeably weaker when compared to my black and decker electric hedge trimmer. Sad to say this item is a major disappointment and would not advise it's purchase even with the major saving advertised!