really poor experience

4.0

Bates267's review of Bristol Gardens Health Spa Reviews - bghs.co.uk

“really poor experience”

written by Bates267 on 01/12/2014

Travelled from manchester to brighton for the weekend and decided to try BGS. We had read the extensive rules and regulations and know anyway about the type of footwear that is allowed in spa facilities. We have used naturist facilities elsewhere in Europe and the UK before and so carry small towels and dedicated flip flops for the purpose.
The business owner met us as we were being given the tour and aggressively told my wife that "heels" were not allowed. We pointed out that they were not heels but were flip flops that had a low wedge and that we kept them for spa visits. The owner responded remarkably aggressively and she immediately got within inches of my wifes face and told her that they were fashion shoes as far as she was concerned and anyway she didnt like our attitude and asked us to leave her premises immediately. To add insult to injury, as we walked out she told us to go away and never come back as she didnt want dirty people in hwr spa?....
Never before have I met a person so aggressive, so rude and so uncompromising, yet she told us three times that she had been in business thirty years. I really cant believe that anyone with such an attitude can expext to succeed in a business that relies on people to come through the door.
The experience really was quite appalling with not even a miniscule of empathy or compromise.. just agression and unwarranted hostility. there is not a shred of southern hospitality in this place. Look elsewhere.