A wonderful stay

From 1 review

286Moser's review of Bishopstrow House Hotel & Spa, Warminster

“A wonderful stay”

Written on: 07/12/2021 by 286Moser (1 review written)

We stayed a night here back in July and had a wonderful time.
We were caught in some pretty heavy traffic on the way there and I had hoped we could have Afternoon Tea but it was clear we would arrive after the cut off. I rang and asked if there was anything they could do: they offered to serve it to us in the Drawing Room instead of the Dining Room and that's exactly what they did.
On arrival, it was like walking into someone's house rather than a hotel: it felt welcoming, relaxed and luxurious.
The Afternoon Tea was plentiful and delicious.
Our room was right at the top of the house: very comfortable, spotlessly clean and, again, with the feel of staying in someone's home rather than a hotel.
The weather was good enough for us to take a dip in the outside pool - clean, warm and with a wonderful view of surrounding coutryside.
The breakfast the next morning was really delicious and, again, plentiful.
The staff were uniformly friendly and helpful and I honestly cannot fault this place in any way.
It's a while since we visited - I need to start dropping some hints about going back there, for a whole weekend this time.
It's a hidden gem: just go!