Clarity & Comfort

• Comfort Level

Guest's review of Technics RP-F 350

“Clarity and Comfort”

Written on: 17/01/2013

I killed an old pair of cheap technics headphones by rough treatment, so I thought I would do a little research and get something halfway decent. Sennheiser seemed to be the brand many were raving about at the time. I spent £60 on a pair of HD 465. I thought at first I hadn't plugged them in fully the sound quality was so poor. Maybe my PC sound card? X-fi - No. So I out them in a corner and bought the first paid of technics at half the price. Happy.

I don't like my headphone volume loud, thats what my hi-fi is for. I like my headphones to have clarity, be distortion free and comfortable to wear all day. For the money there was nothing better when these came out, I've had these about 4 years now and would buy another pair if they died.

I can imagine a more expensive set giving a better experience a little more mid range and a tad, just a tad more bass, but any decent equaliser will assist there.

I'm writing this review now as I am building a machine for a relative and was considering giving them the sennheisers, after testing side by side from my hi-fi with metalica to handel I can't in concience give the woeful sennheisers away, but I won't give up my technics.

• Over 1 Year