New Formula is Old & much harsher

genesis888's review of Clairol Nice'n Easy

“New Formula is Old and much harsher”

Written on: 10/11/2021 by genesis888 (1 review written)

I've been using Clairol's Nice and Easy Light Golden Brown for a number of years. The "new formula" that was available from 2019 to just recently discontinued with the attractive cut-off panel box packaging in golden letters was awesome. There was no mess, it was much more gentle than the previous version that was around until 2018. It didn't color my skin around the edges of my hair line. And the smell was less. My hair always felt light and soft after use of the conditioner.

So when I purchased the "new formula" in "new packaging". I wasn't even warned it was a new formula. I was told it's the same great Clairol Nice and Easy but just in a different box design. Which was incorrect. The color was darker, the chemicals much harsher and more pronounced, smelly, the product is messy. Even with using the conditioner my hair was dried out. Like the difference in formula is HUGE and completely on the negative side. Did you ever test the new formula first? Even the packaging of the "new" formula sucks.

For me the newly released square box design packaged Clairol Nice and Easy Light Golden Brown is almost exactly the same as the formula that preceded the previous one, i.e. also a square box packaging and that ended in 2018. That formula also was very harsh, and I remember at the time finding reviews at Amazon that said that as well.

Something is VERY off with your "new" formula, which to me is an "old" formula being revisited and even worse than that old formula. I'll now have to look for another brand for sure.