Took my money but my key did not open their doors.

Janelle393's review of Snap Fitness www.snapfitness.com

“Took my money but my key did not open their doors. ”

Written on: 29/04/2022 by Janelle393 (1 review written)

so on the 28th of April they told me there was this great promotion that allowed me to pay £10 for the rest of April. I train once or twice per week so I thought £10 for a training session, why not. I was then told I would have to pay another £34.99 on the 1th of May 2022 too. I was ok with this.

So that same night, I went to the building and the key would not open the doors even though I was told my key would work and they are open 24 hours per day. So decided to cancel because pure gym would never perform so poorly and they are just 30 min away. But when i went online I found out that there was no way to cancel so now I felt like I had been entrapped . The next morning I went to the gym and the keys would not open. I told the PT at the gym that I wanted to cancel. She said I would have to send an email saying that I want to cancel then I would then be sent a form to fill out for the cancellation. At this stage I knew I was well and truly entrapped like a victim in the jaws of a pay-day loan shark. I protested to the lady that I had never used the gym once so not letting me into the gym was actually a breach of contract. She grinning and frowning at the same time and saying that she was just a PT and she does not run the place and did not sign me up. I was upset so I said I wanted her to file a complaint me but she flat out refused. She told me that I sign the contract and its 30 day notice and they have to take the second money next month.
I am very displeased. ###