Read these reviews before signing up

Squeaker44's review of David Lloyd Leisure Health Club - www.davidlloyd.co.uk

“Read these reviews before signing up”

Written on: 11/01/2022 by Squeaker44 (1 review written)

DL Hampton was sold to us very well, but having been a member for 6 weeks now, the failings and poor management have become glaringly obvious.
There are hardly any treadmills working in the gym and this issue has got worse not better. How can they leave so many pieces of equipment broken and deem that's acceptable ? Other equipment is aged and there is a serious shortage of some meaning you can never access it. Paper towel dispensers are nearly always empty.
Indoor pool is cloudy and cold. Lanes are far too narrow to share and you bang into other swimmers. This is because they need to have specific times for family swims, not fit it in with lane swimming. One or the other would be the sensible option wouldn't it ?
Hydro pool is dirty and there is a nasty scummy foam on the water. Yesterday it was merely tepid with cold...COLD water coming from the jets. What's the point in getting into a barely warm hydro pool ? It should be warm/hot. Under 18s are not allowed in the Spa but I see them. There are no staff members checking.
Showers in the changing rooms have limescale ridden pipes ( poor maintenance ) and the water is rarely hot. When I finish exercising I don't want a warm shower, I want a hot one. Especially in January.
I've complained twice online and received their pathetic stock answer which is not followed up as promised. I complained to the desk yesterday and the person there was rude, blunt and wholly disinterested.
Unbelievably poor to non existent customer focus. We'll be leaving as soon as we can.