Dont ever Join Its so hard to leave

manboutsussex's review of David Lloyd Leisure Health Club - www.davidlloyd.co.uk

“Dont ever Join Its so hard to leave”

Written on: 12/08/2011 by manboutsussex (1 review written)

I have been a member of David Lloyd Worthing for quite a whiile as it was practically next door to me. I had a tour and everything looked lovely and to be honest i would say it is a very good David Lloyd.

However when you want to cancel, they make it so so hard to cancel.
I phoned up to say i wanted to cancel in January 2011. they said you either have to write in or email but was told i would have to give 3 months notice which i thought was ridiculoous considering how busy it was every day and the car park was always full at around 5pm and this car park must have taken at least 200 cars.
So i emailed and saying i wish to cancel and thought this would be the end of it. A month after i got made redundant from the company i worked from and deicided to set up on my own.
Only a about 4 months later i found that i was still getting charged for David Lloyd way after the email i sent. So i decided to phone David Lloyd Worthing. They said they never recieved it and asked for proof i couldnt prove this as the email was sent from my old companies email and couldnt get hold of it . So i asked to speak to the Manager, he wasnt around so was asked to email him, which i did. He nndid get back to me and was very helpful. HOwever all he could offer was a cancellation straight away but i wanted more so asked how i go about it. He gave me a number so i phoned it. However the women on the end on the phone just said please refer to terms and conditions however ever many times i tried to ask questions and gave me an email. I decided to phone the local gym manager again saying tat she was very unhelpful and he said i would phone and see what i can do ( as i said my Local Gym Manager was very helpful David Child - Worthing gym). He got back to me the next day and not vene the local manager could get answer to said i should send an email which i said i already have done.

And Three days later i have still not had a response. so i decided to phone the head office tonight. However after going through the normal number options i had a answer phone message saying so we are now closed we ae open 8am till 8pm I PHONED AT 6PM .. WHat type of business are we dealing with here.. I phoned again to make sure it was an error but still got the same answer. I phoned both the 0845 number and then 01707 number but still got the same answer for both ...

I would never join them unless you think you will never cancel..

Oh and also in a minor concern the showers always smelt like mould. I would have thought these days you can get rid of this smell

Stardog32's Response to manboutsussex's Review

Written on: 17/08/2011

You are just an idiot. How the hell does a busy car park stop you from posting a letter, recorded delivery? I've been a member on and off for over 4 years, yes 3 months notice... but come on, it's not that difficult to write a letter. If you sent it using your company email then tough luck moron.

Yprice's Response to manboutsussex's Review

Written on: 29/09/2011

Absolutely agree. I've been join DL club for 3 years, but them one month they overcharged me for more than £80. i've called several times but could not get no explanation. In the end when i've spoke to head office i've said that i would like to cancel my contract. They said that's fine but i'll have to pay for another 3 month - so i did. Then i've canceled my d/bedit and in one month time start receiving phone calls from deb-recovery company. I've explained the situation but they said i haven't send them a letter, and so and so......
I've decided - will not pay!!! It's their problem!!!!