appalling for the most part

barrett's review of Bob Breen Academy - www.bobbreen.com

“appalling for the most part”

Written on: 01/06/2011 by barrett (42 reviews written)

I went to the Bob Breen Academy to learn Jeet Kune Do and went there for a few months. My experiences of that place was appallinng. Some of the instructors have been rude to me in more than one occasion, especially (name removed).
The JKD that they teach resembles nothing like the one taught by Bruce Lee, and I don't feel it's good value for money. These guys fall into the classic 'New Age' trap: they believe that they are better than other people because they feel they know something that you don't. I feel that they did not help me to learn to defend myself and as for encouragement, they did the opposite.
It's not even good value for money, if you search you can find better instructors.

The only guy I liked better was Bob Breen, but he taught us sporadically. I did not like the other instructors. And liking your instructor is very important, because if he has no respect for you as his student, then it won't work for you.

Not recommended.