Definitely worth a shot!

Robertson72's review of Pareto Law- www.pareto.co.uk

“Definitely worth a shot!”

Written on: 09/03/2014 by Robertson72 (1 review written)

Like most people, I thought I'd research the company before I went to the assessment centre and came across this website. I thought I would give my 2cents worth.

I was successful on the undergrad assessment day and when I graduate I will hopefully be sent to an interview with one of Pareto's clients!! I went in there thinking I'd just be happy with the interviewing and presentation experience but I got selected!!! This means anyone can.

I've seen so many negative reviews on here some of them are quite spiteful, you should respect everyone's opinion, whether positive or negative, because they're trying to make the experience better for the upcoming people.

So I got called three days prior to the assessment day, most people had the same notice, if not less. I was in contact with a lady and she had an informal telephone interview then invited me to the assessment centre, even though she wasn't there on the day. We had to prepare the dreaded presentation and speaking to others on the day you should try and get as much out of your contact within the company. Get them to read through your notes and suggest any amendments, I wish I did. Also read up on the company.

Anyway on the day as others have said, you feel you are being graded from the moment you walk through the door. We got our pictures taken and then gave our little introductions. Try and ask good questions, it'll help you stand out. Easier said than done I know, but ask them obscure things about the company or their route to the company.

We then did our group exercises, I didn't particularly present any major points, just small suggestions. It was a little cringy how everyone was shouting over one another to get heard though.

After this the one on one interviews took place along with the presentation. This presentation gave me sleepless nights but just practice and deliver it we'll and you'll be fine. I tried to crack a joke in the meantime and had no response.

In the mean time we had to ask one of the guys there questions about his job, it sort of felt like they ran out of things to do.

A lot later we got our results, like X factor three groups were made. I was in the group that got through. out of around 40, 19 of us were successful. I would have liked the number to be lower so there is a sense of accomplishment but maybe we were all so good?. I'd say around half of the people, including me had little roles to play in the group exercises and people who were great in the exercises weren't there. So nail your presentation and you'll be fine. Also, there was a know-it-all who spoke about how he's already worked with massive tech companies and tries to brag all the time, he didn't he through.
6 further people were selected, these people could go on to work for Pareto, the rest of us were going to be put forward to their clients.

It was a well run day on the whole. It's worth checking it out even if it's for practicing delivering presentations or interviews. They give you feedback so that's always a plus.

Good luck!