Motocaddy S1 - I don’t know what all the fuss is about!

Johnnyfartpants's review of Motocaddy S1

“Motocaddy S1 - I don’t know what all the fuss is about!”

Written on: 12/05/2019 by Johnnyfartpants (1 review written)

My wife bought me the original S1 13 years ago, and I fitted a 36 hole lead acid battery. Other than a sensitive control switch (solved under warranty), it’s been reliable and sturdy. I then fitted a lithium battery to it and carried on merrily. 4 years ago, I got tempted by a cheap deal on an S1 digital, and already having the lithium battery, took the plunge. The battery is still fine and the cart is faultless. My old unit, I sold to a buddy and to my knowledge, it’s still going strong.

I think care is required with these items though. I regularly give everything a wipe off and an occasional lube of axles etc. You cannot neglect the charging of the battery or let it go flat. I always charge the unit ASAP after use and disconnect the charger when it’s full again. It lives in my garage and this is almost down to freezing during the winter. The battery has no use during the frozen winter here in the NE of the US.

The Lead acid battery on my older S1 even survived a 4 month shipping and storage when I moved from the U.K. to the US, 5 years ago. It was still full when I finally had an opportunity to get it on the course.