New GoKart - still a fan!

priorian's review of GoKart Electric Golf Trolley

“New GoKart - still a fan!”

Written on: 12/05/2019 by priorian (1 review written)

I have had the Mark 1 for about 5 years and have never had a problem with it. Took the plunge and ordered the manual Mark 2 last week and have used it twice now. They have made some changes and all for the good. The battery set up and removal are improved and easier to use. The bag sits higher on the trolley and club access is therefore also improved. Folds and unfolds better, although one of the clasps seems a little out of line, so doesn't always close first time. Have not noticed any real difference in the way it operates, which is simple and remains very good.

Despite the remodelling, unlike many firms, GoKart have designed the trolley so that existing Mark 1 accessories still work with the Mark 2. Namely the battery, for which they send you a free adapter kit, the umbrella holder, which fits the handle in the same way and the carry bag, which the new trolley fits in to.

If I wanted to be petty I could mention that the materials used in part of the trolley look "plasticy", but as long as they are durable I don't really care.

What I really want to say about this firm, however, is the excellent customer service I have received over the years. Whenever you telephone you get a knowledgable person eager to help. When the £75 trade in offer came out and I mentioned that I was out of the country and couldn't make the order for 4 months, I was told by email that even if the offer was withdrawn they would hold it for me. They did this without any fuss last week, even though the offer was withdrawn in March. When I was packing up the old trolley I couldn't get the umbrella holder off. The girl I spoke to went through the procedure with me and sent me an immediate email with the instructions leaflet. She said if I still couldn't remove it then telephone her and she would supply another one, for free. Fortunately the instructions were easily followed and the holder is now fitted to the new trolley.

I have many friends with the Mark 1 and they have all been happy with it. I will certainly be recommending the new model to them. This product has proven to be robust in the past and is priced below others available. Why spend more money than you need to!