ROD STEWART BAND TOO LOUD

Baggage55's review of Rod Stewart

“ROD STEWART BAND TOO LOUD”

Written on: 27/02/2017 by Baggage55 (1 review written)

Have been a Rod Stewart fan since the beginning and now in my 60s had the chance to see him for the first time. Attended on 26 February at the O2 concert postponed from November. Being a novice at event booking I had managed to pay over £360 for two face value £75 tickets from Viagogo so naturally expectations were high.

I have to say we were very disappointed as his voice was drowned out by the band on all the fast songs....he does still have a good voice which was evidenced during the section where he sat with a few band members and reprised a few ballards.

He gave a good length set of nearly two hours (band/backing singers had a few opportunities to do their stuff without him while he made three costume changes) but overall we came away underwhelmed I am sorry to say.

I am no expert but surely in this day and age there is no reason for this to be the case.

• o2 london