Things are going downhill fast

Jordany238's review of British Gas

“Things are going downhill fast”

Written on: 04/05/2022 by Jordany238 (1 review written)

I was automatically swapped over to British Gas after my previous electricity supplier went bankrupt.
in the beginning customer services seemed okay but subsequently every time I try and contact them I am left angry and frustrated. Firstly the so-called chat boxes on their website failed to provide me with a customer service operator. I would be number 20 in the queue and then wait and wait and wait and wait and wait until I was down to number three andThen suddenly there are no service operators available and nothing happens. When I try and telephone them I am always number 15 in the queue which takes forever and then I end up talking to somebody with a foreign accent who sounds helpful snd friendly but fails to help me with my complaint, problem or query.
Everything that’s happened about paying is wrong. Firstly I was told I should pay a direct debit which was too low. Having had previous huge bills I queried this and insisted on making my payment bigger. Then, the huge amount I was paying has turned out to not be high enough and has had to go up even higher. In the meantime they keep asking if I want a smart meter. I said yes and then what happened was a really nice bloke came round he said I can’t have a smart meter because I’m on a three phase supply and they would give me a new date for another appointment. Well that was months ago. They’re still asking me if I want a smart meter. I say yes please and then nothing happens. It is just shocking. You can’t send emails to them either which is also annoying as I want to send a photograph of my meter to check I am sending the correct reading because I think they are counting the tenths as full kilowatt hours. It is all incredibly frustrating and annoying and irritating. So very very poor service