Avoid the subscription - not a real bargain at all

From 1 review

Guest's review of Garden News

“Avoid the subscription - not a real bargain at all ”

Written on: 29/08/2019

Whilst I liked the magazine's content I was very disappointed with the so called bargain subscription - £1 for 4 issues then £4.50 per month. It sounds good as that would be half the price you would pay in store. However, beware, as the issues sent to subscribers differ in that they only have 1 free packet of seeds instead of the 2 given with the magazines sold in stores. Subscribers copies are specially printed with mention of just 1 free packet. I guess it depends on whether you want the free packets or just the magazine to read. Personally I felt cheated by this offer. It was not made clear on the site that I ordered it from that there would be this difference although I did notice later on another site that it was. Anyway-subscription cancelled. I definitely would not have subscribed if I had known this before. As it is, if you take into account the value of the seeds, you are saving more by buying copies in a store!