Warning! Products received, not as described & shown

• Range of Products

bluesteve's review of Hayes Garden World

“Warning! Products received, not as described and shown”

Written on: 13/12/2011 by bluesteve (1 review written)

I purchased a 7.5ft Colorado Spruce Xmas tree Nov 2011. I deliberated over it as it was £210 plus £5 delivery. A lot for an xmas tree in my mind. I decided it looked good in the close up of the photo... full with lots of branches and few gaps, so i purchased it as i thought it would also be a tree to use for many years.

What i received to my disappointment was a tree that was not as described or shown in the photo. A mix of old fashioned tinsel branches and conical rubber type cones. it wasn't full and had lots of gaps, so much so, the branches didn't even start at the back of the stems leaving at least 6 inches bare without branches per main stem.
also the tree itself measured 7 ft not 7.5. and the widest point at the base measured 47 inches and not 51 inches as described. It was like viewing a blue vw golf in the photo you set out to buy and coming home to a delivered red vw polo.

So Very, very disappointing product. A trades description act field day if ever i saw one. My first call to them was met by a curt woman who said she couldn't take my call and instead gave me another number to call which was automated call back. very frustrating having to wait around for a reply when i just spoke to someone.

Eventually I did speak to Lyndan at HGW, who offered the argument that they (trees) can look different to that on the website... no mention of this on the website though.
I proposed he either removed the photo or update it as it didn't represent the product. To date neither have been done. I emailed them again since with photo proof but they now refuse to come back to me.

Please, if purchasing from HGW be careful of the products and description. They're customer service leaves a lot to be desired too.... still waiting for their email reply???
My next stop will be consumer trades description to see if i can have this product and others at least updated with more accurate info and images.

• Colorado Spruce 7.5ft Christmas tree

Product Purchased

• Range of Products

Click here for Amazon Home & Garden products

Trulymad's Response to bluesteve's Review

Written on: 17/10/2012

That's outrageous.

I was thinking of purchasing a fairly pricey Christmas tree from Hayes Garden World, but your experience has put me right off. I'm glad I Googled for reviews first.

Thank you for taking the time to post this.

Garden on Amazon