Abusive customer service,, terrible delivery, poor plants

• Range of Products

Richardsonni310's review of Grasslands Nursery Lower Peover, Cheshire

“Abusive customer service,, terrible delivery, poor plants ”

Written on: 15/07/2020 by Richardsonni310 (1 review written)

Please avoid them if you are someone who cannot carry large plants yourself from the road outside into your home. They are “curb side delivery” only, and although this is written on their website it is in small print where I did not notice this condition. It is not stated in the confirmation email. The plants themselves are in poor condition.
When the plants I ordered arrived the delivery service would not bring them into the building. I am 4 months pregnant, and there was a 7.5litre potted plant and various other plants, I certainly didn’t feel comfortable dragging these into the building or my flat. They were delivered in a brown box on a large wooden pallet, much too heavy to carry. I had to persuade the delivery guy to bring them into the building.
I didn’t pay £20 delivery to have them delivered outside my building, and not in my 2nd floor flat. When I called their customer service they were completely unsympathetic, refused to refund any of the delivery charge, and the manager even said should I be fine to carry them even when I’m pregnant, because she carried heavy plants when she was pregnant!
The plants themselves are not in a well cared for state. I would send them back but they say I have to pay for another delivery charge.

• Range of Products