Project Trust Gap Year www.projecttrust.org.uk Review

kbgrytant's review of Project Trust Gap Year www.projecttrust.org.uk

“When I was in South Africa our support in country...”

Written on: 30/04/2019 by kbgrytant (1 review written)

When I was in South Africa our support in country guide was not present during departures back home.

When there were issues with our tickets, we were left in Johannesburg airport with noone to ask for support.

Our parents were told we had missed our flight because we were late. This was not the case. When our parents asked okay, how are they going to get back? There was very little support and the only point emphasised to the parents were, you will have to pay us to book a ticket home rather than focusing on getting two teenagers home.

This was only resolved because the Botswanan in country support took pity on us and took us. Without her I don't know what we would have done.

Especially as this was several years ago before everything was accessible online.

When this brought up during debriefing.  We were told that we were wrong and there was an in country support member accessible the whole time.

Asked for a lot of money to participate which I realise now we could not afford.

On placement I was along with 30 other volunteers in place to take the role of native work force.