AMAZING 3 WEEKS IN INIDIA!!!!

vickihampton's review of Plan My Gap Year - www.planmygapyear.co.uk

“AMAZING 3 WEEKS IN INIDIA!!!! ”

Written on: 02/09/2015 by vickihampton (1 review written)

The pre-departure information that I received was brilliant, all questions that I had was answered very quickly and informatively by a member of the PMGY team. The handbook was very helpfully and made me feel fully prepared about my visit. It also supported me through my VISA application and provided clear instructions on the best way to apply.
When arriving in the county there was a member of the PMGY team waiting at the airport when my flight arrived to take me to the volunteer house. When arriving at the house I was warmly welcomed by the host family which allowed me to settle in quickly and easily.
On my first day I was provided with an orientation which was very informative and provided me with all the information I needed about the local area and the projects. This also included a visit to the local slum school, which was my chosen project. This allowed me to get familiar with the environment before my first day of teaching. The visit also allowed me to meet the children and teachers from the school. The visit also provided me with the opportunity to visit the slum in which the children lived and to meet some of the local people living in this area.
Throughout my teaching project I was fully supported at all times by both the teachers at the school and the host family. I knew where to turn to if I needed any lesson ideas or if I was unsure if the planned lesson would fully benefit the children due to the language barrier. I was also provided with a range of opportunity which allowed me to visit and get involved with a number of different projects to ensure I got the most out of my experience.
After the projects there was time to explore the local area and Delhi independently. The evening activities were brilliant and provided a range of different opportunities, this included; Attending an Indian wedding, a range of different temples, markets, pottery class and visiting Delhi.
At the weekends I travelled to a range of different places within India. The host family provided us with lots of recommendations about different places to visit and the main places we should visit. They provided support in planning our travel there and the hotel and ensured that the places we had selected to stay were in the correct area to get the most out of our trips. Vishy was always at the other end of the phone if we needed him when away at the weekend, or just to translate where we wanted to go, to taxi and tuk-tuk drivers.
A huge thank you to the host family to making my visit to India brilliant and making me feel welcome at all time, also a massive thank you to the person I dealt with who was brilliant support and put so much effort into ensure that every one had a brilliant time in India. Thank you!