Memphis TN store

• Layout of shop

Guest's review of Ikea

“Memphis TN store ”

Written on: 25/08/2017

IKEA lacks integrity and accountability in providing customer service to their customers. We experienced the worst delivery and installment by IKEA. We purchased two dressers to be delivered to our home and to be assembled on site. One of the dresser had a dent on the front were it had been damaged through original shipping to the store. It is a long process to get someone on the phone to even speak with to go about to approach the problem. Ikea refused to adjust my bill and just reimburse a simple 10%/20% off my bill for the dent. Instead they wanted to replace that piece which meant setting up another delivery date to my home. The next delivery date, I get a recorded call that my appointment time from 2-6pm has been moved to 6-9pm that evening. We have three children and busy schedules and we certainly had a busy night with our children's activities outside our home. We just went about out normal routine for that evening got back to our home in time to put our son to bed, the delivery men showed up at 9:10 pm and wanted to replace the damaged piece. Since the dressers are in my son's room that was a NO, since he was already asleep and it's almost 9:30 at night. We set up yet another appointment number 3 to replace the damaged piece the replacement pieces was more damaged than the original piece. So I go and set up another appointment to replace the damaged piece, this would be my 4th appointment!!!!! On the phone the representive from IKEA put a note to the store to check the replacement piece first, and it has been two months now that they have yet to set up the 5th appointment for the replacement piece for the dresser. Now common sense would tell you that all that gas to and from the store as well as to my home is far more expensive than just taking that original 10/20 % off my bill for the dent piece. The people on their customers service have no authority to make a decision in regards to customer service. They are not empowered by their company to be accountable of products and services that they sell. I asked repeatly to speak with a manager and was refused. What IKEA sells is an idea of customer services, they are not equip to handle a simple customer service issue on the front end. We thought about a completely redo in our bathroom, until we had this major issue with just a dreseer, we will take our busy to another company!

• Memphis TN