Mini candle bonfire

2.7 / 5
45% of users recommend this
  • Quality of service

  • Layout of shop

  • Value For Money

Anika281's review of Dunelm -


“Mini candle bonfire”

Written on: 24/02/2020 by Anika281 (1 review written)

A couple of weeks ago I purchase a small candle in a tin from my local Dunelm store. I lit the candle the same evening, while cooking in the kitchen. I had been in the kitchen for a couple of hours, cooking, washing up, coffees etc, when my dog attracted my attention by crying. I looked up to see why she was whining and to my horror saw that the candle was now a small bonfire, rather than just the wick being alight, the whole container had caught fire. I grabbed a t-towel and threw the candle and towel into the garden. There was some damage to my worktop, however, my real concern was what might have been had the dog not alerted me.
I contacted Dunelm customer services and have exchanged several emails and even had a telephone conversation with them.
I have just received a final response from them offering an apology, explaining that could not pay for any damage and offering a replacement candle...…………..words fail me, why would I ever even consider another of their candles. The consequences could have been so much worse if my dog had not alerted me, imagine this scenario in another home. Appalling!!!

Report this review
Was this review helpful? 1 0