Unfit For Purpose!

1.9

Olivia24's review of Next Sofa Reviews - next.co.uk

“Unfit For Purpose!”

written by Olivia24 on 12/11/2022

3 years ago, just before the pandemic, we brought a heath chaise lounge. We got the sofa and it looked amazing. We then sat on the sofa and realised we had made a massive mistake.

The sofa completley falls apart if you sit on it. The seat cushions slip which means you end up falling into the sofa. The back cushions sag. You end up with your bottom sitting on the base. The cushions do not fit the sofa design.

We then researched what we could do. We realised pretty quickly that in order to qualify for a return then we would need the 'sofa doctor' that Next provides, to come round and assess the situation. At this point, we are fully into the pandemic and the idea of having a stranger enter our home caused anxiety. When we finally felt able to, we asked for the sofa doctor to come. We were questioned why we had not done this sooner and was a little taken aback that they questioned our logic of being in a lockdown and feeling there may have been more to prioritise at that point in time.

To give them credit, they did send the sofa doctor. He came in, put our sofa cushions back where they belonged, plumped them up, took a picture and said there was nothing wrong. My partner said 'are you not going to sit on it?'and the sofa doctor said that was not part of the process.

We then got an email saying that the sofa had no fault, that the cushions slide because they want their sofas to be able to be rerversable and so they do not attach to the base and that there was nothing they would do. Also the chaise lounge part of the sofa is not reversable (and does not fit the base correctly). I questioned them on this. How can they say that there is no design fault when it literally falls apart when sitting on it?

I am sitting on the sofa now, and quite honestly it is a state. It pains me that we spent so much of our hard earned money on this sofa. What pains me more, is it is so noticeable. When anyone comes over the first thing they comment on is how our sofa is not fit for purpose.

Next sell a 'look' and they have no desire, wish or motivation to sell anything of function. I am angry at this sofa. I am angry at the company. Thankfully, this review has helped me release some of the anger.