Stay clear

1.2

159Monty's review of Natuzzi Sofas Reviews - natuzzi.com

“Stay clear”

written by 159Monty on 27/03/2024

Stay clear, all the positive reviews on Trust Pilot have been made in store just after purchase
Firstly if I could give 0 stars I would ! We purchased our corner sofa 18 months ago and like everyone else we were asked to leave a review as soon as the deposit was paid, that’s how they get their high review rating, if you search for the one star reviews you will get the idea of the journey you are about to encounter.
Below is a summary of our 18 month experience with Natuzzi.
Foam on seats, arm rests and lumbar support all starting to lose structure and shape after 19 days of use. Contacted Natuzzi, they sent a technician to assess, he said he could put 2 inch foam packers in to firm the seats up, this was declined as after paying £6500 I thought this was unacceptable.
I started a section 75 claim with my credit card company. Natuzzis response was that we had ‘buyers remorse’ you will see this phrase a lot when you read the one star reviews. They also falsified the technicians report; the one they sent to the bank stated no fault while the original stated fault found, also the wording was changed to favour their narrative.
We was instructed by the bank to commission our own independent report, we instructed Bardale Furniture Assessors we found this companies name from one of the poor Natuzzi reviews. Their report stated that the sofa was not repairable and unfit for purpose, the credit card company immediately refunded our £2000 deposit.
A section 75 claim was also raised with the finance company, but because we was out of the 30 day return period we had to accept a repair. Natuzzi stated that they would repair the sofa inline with all the defects found by Bardale. The sofa was collected and returned;
All the seats and lumber areas had been stuffed with extra foam, this created a severely distorted shape to the sofa. We complained, no answer, again we paid for another Bardale report, again that concluded that the sofa was not repaired to a satisfactory standard and again stated that it was not fit for purpose. After we issued a letter before action, Natuzzi and the finance company agreed to a full refund, also they refunded all of our Bardale report costs.
This is a very short version of our Natuzzi experience, I have written this review hoping that it will stop you from dealing with this company, they lie to the point of falsifying their own report, please stay away, you have been warned !