6 years from a sofa?

iiStrickland439's review of Natuzzi Sofas

“6 years from a sofa? ”

Written on: 26/08/2021 by iiStrickland439 (1 review written)

I bought a Natuzzi sofa that was delivered in Feb 2015.
6 years later in the early part of 2021 I noticed that one of the seats was sagging. I called the shop I bought from, Gillies in Aberdeen and they sent a technician. I was charged for his time I think it was £45. He replaced some of the foam and said that I should get a couple years out of it! It does look better and I was happy with the repair but not that a sofa of only 6 years should need it!
While he was with me I asked about the leather as it had started to ball up and shed a little. He said it needed to be re-sealed! Again after only 6 years I felt that this was rediculous! This would be another £85 for one seat. As it is a modular sofa this could add up. Since he visited I have had peeling start on two other seats, so now 3 seats out of 6 affected.
Ofcourse both Gillies and Natuzzi say things like it's wear and tear or something has got "into" the leather. Do you use fake tan? Perhaps Body cream? Was something spilled etctetc.
These kind of contradict each other - is it expected wear and tear? Or is it because of some chemical or body lotion (not in my opinion).
Having first contacted Gillies who were able to provide a chargable repair I then contacted Natuzzi who point blank say as it is outwith waranty they will not do anything. The frame of this sofa has a 10 year waranty and materials etc only 2 years.
I feel that I should have been informed that having to replace the foam and have the sofa re-sealed was to be expected within 6 years OR that this shouldn't have happened, I don't think this is fair. My expectations of this sofa's life span have not been met. Nobody buys a sofa at £4000 and expects it to last only 6 years. Natuzzi trade on their reputation from years ago that sold quality products and gave excellent customer service, sadly this is no longer the same company.