Nearly 2 months delivery - no response from customer service

Guest's review of Haddon House www.haddonhouse.co.uk

“Nearly 2 months delivery - no response from customer...”

Written on: 17/07/2012

We travelled to Herron Windows , Burton and were impressed with quality of furniture and reception and service there.We decided to buy nearly £2,000 of furniture and were told we would be contacted by letter from Haddon House. Their letter of 21st May stated normal delivery time usually available within 28 days. After 4 weeks we had not heard anything so my my wife made 4 phone calls that week culminating with the reply on 20th June that some of the furniture was on a ship which had not docked yet!
On 3rd July ( after no response )I sent an e-mail to Haddon House stating that the delay and in particular lack of information was unsatisfactory and that we would be pleased to hear what is happening to the order.
I did not receive the courtesy of a reply so I then sent a letter ( with copy of e-mail ) on 11th July addressed to the manager of Haddon House and also to Herron Windows where we originally went, outlining our concerns.
No response or apology was forthcoming from the manager but the lady from Herron Windows phoned up on 13th July and expressed her surprise and concern about the situation and that she knew nothing about the non-delivery and also said she had contacted Haddon about my letter. About an hour later on the same day a lady rang us to say that the furniture would be delivered on 16th July!!!! Our furniture was delivered on 16th July and we are pleased with it. The delivery boys were helpful and friendly and thank goodness for the lady at Herron Windows but we shall never deal with Haddon again.