Western Union Disaster

• Speed of service

jato791's review of Western Union Money Transfer

“Western Union Disaster”

Written on: 08/04/2014 by jato791 (1 review written)

Used Western Union online in an attempt to send $400 to a friend of mine in CA. The form was filled out completely & accurately. It stated that since it was a transfer from my bank acct to her, it stated it would be ready in 3 days. On the 4th day, she went to get the funds and was told that they were sent to a NM agent but that I could call customer service and get that fixed to a CA agent.

On day 5, I called to fix the agent info. I spoke to one employee and she said she'd call back in 5 or 10 minutes after doing some research. She did not call back. I called and spoke to a 2nd employee who told me that they could not fix the problem until after 1:00 p.m. EST the next day. On day 6, I called back and spoke to yet another agent, who transferred me to "Tech Services". I explained yet again what was needed and Western Union CANCELLED the transaction! They said that I asked too many time to change it and the system automatically cancelled it! I was told that the monies would be refunded to my account in 4 or 5 days.

Western Union in this day of electronic transfers will now have my monies in their accounts for nearly 2 wks, as it has yet to be returned. If it isn't there tomorrow, I'm going to be back on the phone with them and probably calling the consumer protection division of the NM Attorney Generals office. It is a shame that I cannot rate them lower than a ONE.

Never again.

• Personal

Type of customer

• Speed of service

Jeanjh's Response to jato791's Review

Written on: 02/05/2014

It"s a very bad and a stressful act on sender, I advise people to use other money transfer services because I lost the few months ago when western union refused to pay the receiver the fund I sent and started asking for sender to call customer care before releasing the fund and I was busy working at offshore and not knowing that the useless western union policy deprived my dad for being taken to the hospital when the medical fund could not be made available.
I will advise western union money transfer to always remember that Sender has walked down to your store from their respective home/offices to send money to loves once and stop stressing them to call before you release fund that is not your company's own................... don't care about our security in such a difficult way please