Not allowing bank transfers, customer service sucks!

• Speed of service

silkypilky's review of Western Union Money Transfer

“Not allowing bank transfers, customer service sucks!”

Written on: 20/10/2018 by silkypilky (1 review written)

I have been doing bank transfers with western union every month for 3 years. Last month my transfers started being rejected due to i'm doing bank transfers from my bank account to myself while i'm in the Philippines. It's how I have been sending myself my money. I have contacted western union in several different ways. I have called long distance to get someone on the phone that didn't even know what a bank transfer was and that I needed to go into a western union location and send it.... I am sending money to myself. You can't believe me when i say how hard it was to try to get them to understand this!! I got nowhere!! Many many emails were sent and mainly getting them to send the same copy and past of giving them information and I sent to get the same copy and past reply. Is this really how customer service is? Finally I talked with my bank and they said it is probably the IP address issue. Which it was, so now I had my sister log in and send it, it worked but wanted more information and to call in. I had her call in and they denied it and hung up.... great service....

• Personal