Great value & service for Japanese Yen

• Accuracy

dzZimmerman109's review of Travelfx.co.uk www.travelfx.co.uk

“Great value and service for Japanese Yen”

Written on: 04/04/2016 by dzZimmerman109 (1 review written)

Very nervous about ordering foreign exchange by internet for the first time. I always felt the small benefit compared with the High Street was not worth it for dollars & euros etc and I take sterling for more obscure currencies and change abroad for the best rate. But this time, the potential saving for Japanese Yen was £35-65 for £800 worth so the risk was attractive. I then chose travelfx as their reviews on this website seemed the best and despite the additional risk of not being able to use a debit or credit card. I placed my order on Tuesday afternoon and it arrived by special Royal Mail delivery at 8.15am on my "agreed" day (Friday). My only issue was in deciding when to ask for delivery, bearing in mind the website places great emphasis on the length of time it takes for some inter-bank transfers to arrive and that I would be unavailable for delivery on one day. The website asks customers to say when they want the funds by and I interpreted this as the latest possible date and expected a further input field to nominate a preferred date. There isn't another field so my date of Saturday was accepted. I simply rang the company and they were happy to bring this forward to Friday. In practice, transfers using my internet banking account take under 2 hours to arrive so I feel the date issue could be made clearer on the website. I would certainly use this company again BUT would always order well in advance of my travel date. I saved £65 compared with my usual High St supplier's rate and as the rate is fixed at time or order, I didn't lose out when the rate fell by time of delivery.

• Accuracy