Failed to deliver

• Accuracy

Stevemanc's review of Travelfx.co.uk www.travelfx.co.uk

“Failed to deliver”

Written on: 21/09/2015 by Stevemanc (2 reviews written)

I ordered euros from TravelFX who I have used for a few years now. The money did not arrive and so I contacted Royal Mail who had no idea what had happened to it. After two days and two trips to the sorting office they confessed to having LOST it.
That was not TravelFX’s fault clearly but I was disappointed when they told me I had to wait until they had ordered a refund from Royal Mail. I was leaving for my holiday and so had to buy more euros from a high street bureau (at a less favourable rate). On my return two weeks later Travel FX told me they were going to make a refund. This was of my sterling and not a redelivery of the euros I had bought. I was happy to have the original order repeated as I could use the euros later but as the rate had slipped they refused to honour the purchase. I explained that if I bought a kettle online that did not arrive I would expect it to be redelivered and not refused on the grounds that their prices had risen in the meantime. It is now nearly two months since the original order and I have just had a refund. I will not be using TravelFX again as their attitude has been appalling - they don’t understand the meaning of customer service and are quite happy to lose a customer who has been using them for years.
I found a high street bureau who were offering a better rate than TravelFX - give them a try as you can pick your money up and not have to worry about it not arriving - eurochange (they have branches over 100 branches).

• Accuracy