Insulting & feels untrustworthy

• Speed of service

Lirikittle's review of The Currency Club www.thecurrencyclub.co.uk

“Insulting and feels untrustworthy”

Written on: 19/11/2021 by Lirikittle (1 review written)

I have just received my order of Jordanian Dinar.

I had requested small notes. Currency Club say they can't guarantee theycan send denominations as requested.

But what they sent are individual notes worth £52.50 each. This is utterly ridiculous.

You'd be laughed at even in the UK for presenting a £50 note - they basically don't even exist within circulation.

Upon arrival in Jordan, how on earth am I supposed to pay for a £3 airport bus, or £1 falafel sandwich?

What they have sent is as good as useless to me. And it's likely to cost me extra, on top of Currency Club's exchange fees, to get it exchanged again for smaller notes upon arrival.

I wish I'd just used an ATM when I got there. It would have cost me less too.

A pretty insulting and laughable service. Or how to greatly annoy a first time customer.

Add to this that I hadn't even clicked to confirm the order, yet got an email to confirm my order had been made even before I had done so, and was committed to a transaction that I hadn't actually yet committed to. And it begins to look like a seriously shady business.

In which case, at least I got the money at all I suppose! But in practically unusable denominations, and the absolute opposite of my request. An insulating service.

• Personal