Real Time Stock Reporting is a lie & most items are actual

iaWest216's review of Rocket Aquatics - www.rocketaquatics.co.uk

“Real Time Stock Reporting is a lie and most items are...”

Written on: 26/01/2018 by iaWest216 (1 review written)

I have tried to order from this company on 2 different occasions, and neither of the items turned up in the 1-2 days delivery window.
At the first time I ordered a fish tank on Monday as I was planning to set it up that weekend. On Thursday I decided to call them to get an update, as I have not received a dispatch notice about the item.
The lady on the phone claimed that they only had 1 of the tank in stock and sadly they found on inspection that it was broken, so decided to order another one from the supplier but that will take about 2 weeks to be delivered for me. BUT if I am not happy with this solution, they are happy to offer me another product, that is currently in stock.
I find it very weird that reading others' reviews here this seems to be a very common excuse for not delivering tanks...

Anyway, I did not accept a replacement and asked my money to be refunded. Ended up ordering from another site the same day and the tank was delivered the next day. Only positive point about Rocket Aquatics is that they at least indeed sent me my money back.

On the second occasion I have ordered a mini filter from them which was also listed as in stock. The same thing happened as before - after 2 working days I decided to contact them (this time via email) to get an update about the filter. To my surprise the item was out of stock again, but I was offered to be sent another item that is actually in stock... Again I refused and asked for a refund.

So all in all the Real Time Stock Reporting on their website is a sham, and they actually have a very low stock of certain items only which they will try to offer as a replacement for you, in case you take the time and try to contact them to get an update about your order. If you won't contact them you will probably only receive your item in about 2-3 weeks, but definitely not in 1-2 working days!