Too big to care!

Elsas258's review of Artisan Fireplace Design Ltd - www.artisanfireplaces.co.uk

“Too big to care!”

Written on: 06/02/2016 by Elsas258 (1 review written)

The range of products at Artisan is second to none thats for sure and the team are diligent and know their stuff [so far so good]. BUT when you've chosen your fire and sit dow to discuss the installation in more detail be aware that when the subject of A SMOKE BOMB TEST is raised if carried out this will not only give you information about the condition of your chimney/flue BUT IMPORTANTLY will also be the time the person conducting the test/survey to determine if the style of fire you have ordered will be a straightforward installation or not.
Please take this seriously as when we chose our 'Hole in the wall fire' the installation/survey aspect of the SMOKE BOMB TEST wasn't explained at all hence we didn't have one this then resulted in an additional cost of around £600!! which only came to light when the installer had ripped out our existing Adams style fireplace! We were left with no choice but to pay or not have a fire. The fire was fit and we then had to wait over a month without it working until the remedial work could be carried out. When I finally spoke to the owner of Artisan one of his first comments was ' I can tell you now you won't be getting any money back you should have read the small print, we're hardly going to point out there may be problems when we fit a fire otherwise we might not sell any fires! The man continued to talk over me and all he wanted to bragg about was how successful his company was, how many fires they fit and so what if the odd one doesn't go to plan! He had no intention of listening, there was not an ounce of goodwill. The call ended with me saying he was a very arrogant man at which point he said I've heard enough and put the phone down. Wonder if the owner would have spoke like that if we had been his very first customer.