DO NOT USE UNLESS YOU WANT DISAPPOINTMENT

Gauge72's review of Financial Ombudsman Service - www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk

“DO NOT USE UNLESS YOU WANT DISAPPOINTMENT”

Written on: 29/03/2019 by Gauge72 (1 review written)

Had a problem with warranties for insurance work carried out during the 2014 Somerset levels flooding. Ended up being forced by Coop insurance company to take my complaint to Ombudsman only to have it done by an Investigator who had no knowledge of the issues and did not even understand what the complaint was. Was then left waiting as I rejected her decision for month’s , when I asked how long before an Ombudsman would investigate was telephoned by her manager with what I can only describe as abusive manner telling me that they had more important cases to investigate than mine and I would have to wait.
The process took 17 Months with an out of the blue decision arriving last week.
Ombudsman did not even contact me but made a decision on the same flawed investigators decision just copying and pasting, Do not consider this a service that is fit for purpose with neither the Investigator or the Ombudsman having any clue as to what the complaint was about.