consumer beware

• Ease of Application

• Ease of Removal

liquidblack's review of LOreal Eyeliner Superliner

“consumer beware”

Written on: 19/04/2012 by liquidblack (1 review written)

For years I have used black liquid eyeliner, however the past few bottles I have purchased over 4 months have caused a bad reaction.I know it is this product as I discontinued using it for 2 weeks and re-applied another "new"bottle and had a worse reaction. My eyelids began to get red, itchy over several hours. By the time I got home from work my eyes were swollen,itchy red and becoming flaky on eyelashes.I washed it off and woke up with swollen eyes still, flaky -looked infected. This lasted for 4 days before finally going away. I went to the pharmacy and purchased a antihistamine, benadryl itch relief cream which the pharmacist said to take a qtip and lightly put small amount above lash line (top) to try to prevent scratching.There is a medicated Visine eye drop to prevent infection. The ingredients is not listed on the eye liner, so I don't know what is causing the reaction. YOU SHOULD LIST YOUR INGREDIENTS!!! SHOULD BE REQUIRED BY LAW. The pharmacist said the batch could have had bacteria during processing.I will never trust your products as you do not inform consumer of content.

• Up to 8 hours

• Ease of Application

• Ease of Removal

Marilynduncan1's Response to liquidblack's Review

Written on: 07/08/2013

I HAVE HAD THE SAME PROBLEM , BUT I DIDNT KNOW IF IT WAS THE MAKE UP OR EYELINER , SO I JUST USED THE EYELINER ON THE BOTTOM OF MY EYES , AND I GOT INFECTED ALSO . PLUS , I ALMOST DIED FROM AN ALLERGIC REACTION TO THE HAIR PRODUCT , I DIDNT REALIZE MY EYE MAKE UP WAS LOREAL , UNTIL I LOOKED .