Terrible company, go direct

• Facilities

Reid142's review of Activity Superstore

“Terrible company, go direct”

Written on: 27/09/2019 by Reid142 (1 review written)

Go direct, don't use Activity Superstore
I have had such a terrible experience with this company I needed to tell others exactly what they do. I was purchased a Lamborghini experience by my father in law, from Debenhams. Initially I thought 'wow' what a lovely thought. However please do not be fooled.... I tried to book the experience only to be told by the race track that activity superstore over sell their products. The truth of the matter is that I could only do the experience 300 miles away on a Friday and it was only open 2 days if the year for this particular experience, and it was fully booked.
I thought I could change the experience so I contacted activity superstore. They told me I could exchange the £130 experience however the exchange value was only £89???? Despite arguing my point they would not honour the £130 my father in law paid.

I checked their website out and eventually booked the 'afternoon tea, view from the Shard' experience. Only after registering my voucher and receiving the booking it explains on the small print that afternoon tea is at Cafe Rouge and you can then go up the Shard...That wasn't explained.

I spoke to activity superstore and they told me I could exchange my experience for something to the value of £60???

What is hilarious is you can book afternoon tea at the Shard for £45 each and the race days are cheaper if you go direct.

This company is a total disgrace. They sell you experiences at an inflated price and the experiences are misleading and mostly unavailable. I strongly suggest you do not go through activity superstore and go direct to the experiences. It will be cheaper and far less stressful. Terrible terrible company!!!

• Facilities

Activitysuperstore's Comment

Written on: 01/10/2019

Hello

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback.

I firstly would like to apologise for the troubles you have faced. However as we near the end of the season for most of the driving experiences the dates do become less and less, however we do have options to extend or exchange.

You mention you exchanged the voucher, to a lesser value than what was paid. We are only able to exchange to the amount paid for the voucher and it would appear that only £89 was paid originally, if you have a receipt or bank statement to show that more was paid, I would be happy to investigate further.

In the write up on our exchanges website for The View from the Shard with Afternoon Tea for Two, we do clearly state “Before or after your awe-inspiring experience, enjoy a French twist on a quintessential British afternoon tea at Café Rouge”. As well as listing the locations as follows;

The Shard - London - London Bridge
Café Rouge - London - Tooley Street

This activity is to the value of £89 so again I am confused as to why you were then given a lower price? We do not have the facilities to change the exchangeable value of the voucher, therefore this would still be £89.00.

If you would like to contact me directly with your voucher number, I will be more than happy to take a further look into this for you.

I look forward to hearing from you to be able to get to the bottom of this.

Kind regards.