Poor customer service, lacking help

AydinEmery's review of Sandbach, Butters John Bee

“Poor customer service, lacking help”

Written on: 10/06/2021 by AydinEmery (1 review written)

I rang to view a property with Butters John Bee (review covers two of the Cheshire/Staffordshire branches), having got an evaluation, with photographs ready for our instruction to put own property on market with other Sales Agent. Was told an agent would get back to me.

I had to ring again and was told the person was in meetings. I also contacted via email form to view another property but not to be contacted during certain hours due to an important meeting.

A different agent contacted me during this meeting and made me feel belittled, told me the property was due to sell that evening and would allow me no visit to either property. He did not listen to me and talked over me. Trying to end the call due to my meeting, I found his behaviour insulting and upsetting. I was told that houses were being snapped up as soon as they are advertised, yet then went on to say the market is slowing. I was told that one property which we were hoping to put an offer in on had been having visitors for the past week and half, therefore we were too late to visit as the likelihood is that someone will have already offered. I asked if I could view anyway and this was met with a no. Whilst I understand our house has not yet been bought, we had the funds and our house was just awaiting our instruction to go live.

The following day, the initial agent left a voicemail to ask what time I was attending the property. I tried to ring back and spoke to the receptionist who passed my message on. I had originally booked the afternoon off and receiving the bad news from the agent, made alternative plans.

Both myself and partner rang several times that day and the phone did not answer. My partner was told I had incorrectly completed the form and so my number was unknown, despite having registered with them and previously being ring by themselves.

I finally got through and the individual had left for the day, but was told they would ring me back the following day. I again cleared my afternoon for the visit.

I explained my surprise that I was now allowed to view both properties and was told that no offer was ever put in. I was also told that only two viewing days were occurring at this property, not consistent with the agent's story.

I believe this was just a selling technique which alongside the poor service has put me off using or recommending Butters John Bee.

I have never been contacted again and sadly have missed out on putting in an offer at this home.

• Buy Property