Northwood let my house go to ruin

samakhval's review of Northwood Estate Agents

“Northwood let my house go to ruin”

Written on: 11/10/2021 by samakhval (4 reviews written)

Northwood Bolton let my home go to ruin with tenants that I continuously warned them were dirty and thoughtless people. When I got the house back, it was in a vile state throughout. It is a massive mystery what Northwood was doing for 2 years. Were they visiting and not bothering to red flag the condition to me? Or were they not visiting at all? If the latter, is that a breach of contract? Naturally, COVID was a gift to agents that simpy take the money and don't bother visiting or don't care about what they see when they do visit. COVID lockdown lasted some months on and off, but to let a house get in that condition takes years.

They made numerous excuses, such as the tenant not being there for scheduled visits. They are contractually obliged to be there. if not, just go unannounced.

The condition report when the keys were handed back was 'unacceptable' throughout. When I mentioned to Northwood that I might take the tenants to court, I was told that I couldn't because the original condition report had been lost!!!!

In sum, Northwood took around 1200 pounds over 2 years and it remains unclear to me if they visited once in that time. Just cleaning the house has so far cost around the same.

I am left wondering what I paid Northwood the % commission for.

Totally unacceptable.