Unprofessional & Lack of Due Diligence

mtLockhart447's review of Murray - www.murrayestateagents.co.uk

“Unprofessional and Lack of Due Diligence”

Written on: 29/05/2020 by mtLockhart447 (1 review written)

Where do I start? This is the worst lettings company I’ve ever dealt with! Unprofessional, rude, and most importantly (be warned people!), they almost got my £190 when I vacated out of the property.

From day 1, when signing the lease to begin renting a property in Oakham, I felt that they were rude and abrupt; they gave me an old inventory report and hadn’t even got the rent amount correct on the contract! - I mean seriously. You’re a lettings agency, how can you make a mistake on the rental amount? Clearly, they didn’t bother to check the paperwork beforehand.

Luckily, I had very little involvement during my rental period with Murray’s Oakham, however, when I left and was waiting for my deposit to be returned, they sent me an email saying that I had left a stain on the carpet, costing £80 to clean and that the oven, hob, and extractor needed another clean, costing £110! I challenged them on both incidents, quoting on the inventory report that the stain was already present before I moved in and it clearly stated that the extractor fan was not even cleaned!

Turns out, they were referencing from an OLD inventory report! So instead of checking if there was a NEWER dated inventory report, they decided to just try and charge me! - I was furious!

The unprofessionalism, lack of due diligence, and clearly, lack of up to date bookkeeping is why I’m writing this review today. Hoping that this will heed a warning to others who wish to use this agency.

In the end, I received my full deposit back. But didn’t even get an apology, no surprise there.

• Rent Property