Nana Rose Carvery Christmas Dinner-Lodge Lane Grays.

• Quality of service

• Quality of food

chinchin's review of Nana Rose Carvery - www.nana-rose.webs.com

“Nana Rose Carvery Christmas Dinner-Lodge Lane Grays. ”

Written on: 13/12/2011 by chinchin (1 review written)

You can't say I wasn't warned. A group of us booked our Christmas dinner at Nana Rose (Lodge Lane Grays) for £20, but a friend had already said that his friends had walked out before. I had a open mind though! The first thing that hit me on entering was a stench of cabbage water and I noticed that the restaurant was nearly empty. A girl nearly pulled the Christmas tree over and was generally misbehaving. I got there early so enjoyed a pint from the bar (it had bars to it)! The food was already out and had obviously been there a while. Well over an hour later we had our starter. Two of the starters were already off the menu despite pre booking!. Sad looking coated mushrooms and a piece of limp lettuce and pink tomato! We were expected to applaud the serving staff and shake the entertainer's hand. He started singing before the main course! When it came to the main course I made my excuses and left! God alone how long the sad looking food had been out by then! I am so glad I didn't stay for the main course as the food sounded disgusting from what someone who stayed an ate it reported! The seating at the table was so cramped we had to ask for an extra table and there was no excuse for us to be cramped as the carvery was nearly empty! Two very sad looking Christmas table decorations were on the table and one was falling apart! No crackers or party hats! The entertainer had the cheek to ask if we were celebrating anything. I said yeah, Christmas! I'll give the place 3-6 months! Avoid like the plague!

Chinchin's Response to chinchin's Review

Written on: 14/12/2011

Apologies 'Mama Rose' should read 'Nana Rose'

Chinchin's Response to chinchin's Review

Written on: 03/12/2012

Thank goodness this godforsaken dump has now closed. Memo to owners Self praise is no praise!