Diabolical company! Avoid at all costs!!

SueJackson1's review of Utilita Electricity

“Diabolical company! Avoid at all costs!!”

Written on: 05/05/2020 by SueJackson1 (1 review written)

This is an e-mail we sent to Utilita on 23 April. We have an ongoing dispute with them over our account. They do not reply, they ignore our readings and all we want them to do is sort the account out and pay back the overcharge into our account. We have removed personal details from this review.

Dear Sir,

I wrote to you last on 26th March 2020 to complain about the on going, inadequate treatment we have received from you as clients.

Since then I have been unwell, so have been out of action – hence our lack of correspondence!

To summarise, we have received and continue to receive invoices for hugely, unbelievable amounts and occasionally we receive large credits! In my mail of 26th March I requested that you take our most recent meter readings and issue correct invoices and credits. At the same time I requested that you immediately pay the overcharge into our bank account. Typically, we have received no response from you!

We realise that your company tends to completely disregard meter readings and sends bills based on ‘your estimation’, this is not good enough! I have below given our up to date meter readings, I would like you to simply account for our usage and advise us of the correct amounts owing to us on our accounts. This should then be transferred to our bank account, details of which we have previously sent to you and which are once again shown below below. We were definitely very much in credit on our accounts when Eversmart went down and in fact received a letter from you stating this months ago! I understand that the problem has been further compounded by the fact that the gas meter for number 1 ...... has been changed. We have sent photos, as requested of the gas meter more than once and as is your way we have had no response. This clearly is not good enough. It is not our fault that ‘Eversmart’ changed this, we had no say in the matter.

We would like an undertaking from you that you will in future only charge on readings given. We realise that your profits are increased by this practice, but that is also totally unacceptable.

We have been told by your staff in a letter that as we are unhappy we can refer this to the Ombudsman, but that takes time and all we want is for you to run our account as any respectable company should.

Our meter readings today are as follows:

We have two properties and here we inserted the house address and meter readings taken for gas and electricity.

Our bank account details are as follows:

Here we gave details of the account to be credited.

This problem has remained unresolved by you since we first complained in October 2019, which is totally unacceptable!

The only activity we have had from your company is when we posted a complaint on trust pilot. If we do not receive a positive response from you within the next 7 working days we will post a new review every day thereafter until this account is settled!