Using customers money for interest?

Wade326's review of Tonik Energy - www.tonikenergy.com

“Using customers money for interest?”

Written on: 07/08/2020 by Wade326 (1 review written)

I was with Tonik for over a year till September 2019. In that time I spent about 3 months trying to get a credit balance refunded because it had got a bit silly and I'd rather it was in my savings account than theirs! I left in September 2019 for another supplier and in December when rounding up my finances for the year logged in just to check their was no credit balance remaining. Lo and behold £89 in credit! When I requested it back it claimed a discrepancy between what my smart meter reported to them was my final readings and the initial readings from my new supplier telling me to chase them. I did and they said they had checked and sent on my final readings (they didn't initially match, something went wrong somewhere) in Feb. They have to be externally validated or something and so I checked again in April. Nothing. End of May. Nothing. By June the readings were on my account but no final bill generated, and they stopped even acknowledging my emails. I put in a complaint in July didn't even get an automated response, so I sent it on weekly, until at the end of July they directed me to fill in an online complaints form. Within 24 hrs someone had got back to me, my final bill generated and finally a credit balance of £50 returned. Probably due to same again for the time taken trying to sort it out. Steer well clear!