Incredibly bad service & lack of communication

pyCarter130's review of Scottish Power Electric

“Incredibly bad service and lack of communication”

Written on: 06/03/2019 by pyCarter130 (1 review written)

Does this company care about its customers at all? I want to give them a zero rating but one is the minimum here. I have been waiting for a new electricity meter for over 3 months since I moved into the house. I have had 2 jobs which were supposedly booked cancelled. This was after numerous web chats to get someone to understand the meter was broken in the first place, the call centre just doesn't seem to have the training to cope with things which are out of the ordinary.

The system they provide is full of bugs, you can't update your preferences, you can't save web chats - you have to ask for the script in an email, the list of messages against my account shows errors and I have had an email logged in there which was for another customer. It sent me an email to say I hadn't responded to a request for information which I never received. I was told the engineers were working on that one to fix a known issue.

My complaint was escalated 2 weeks ago after I copied in the CEO on an email. Since then I have had one empty promise of another job being booked then they have not responded to emails, their communication is appalling. I was told if I went to the Ombudsman this would delay resolving the complaint. I am having to spend over an hour a week trying to get this sorted out. I am now looking to get a solicitor. This company should not be operating. Do not use them.