No customer service or badly untrained agents?

Guest's review of Ovo Energy - www.ovoenergy.com

“No customer service or badly untrained agents?”

written by on 23/08/2022

I told Ovo Energy I was moving house. I gave them the final meter readings for my old home, and set-up a direct debit of £143 for my new home account.

Two weeks later I received two emails each one saying Your refund will be in your bank within 4 days, each with different amounts. I rang Ovo, and their agent said, "there is a problem with your account, caused by the last agent you spoke too, but I will sort it out." She said I had to set-up my direct debit again, this time it was £235.

A week later I noticed my online ovo account was saying there were no active meters connected with this address. I rang Ovo again, told the agent the trouble I was having, and he waffled on for about 5 minutes. I said "can I speak to a manager" he said "there are no managers on site" He said "I will sort it out and ring you back".

I found out the problem was they had closed down both accounts.

They never rang me back, but an email from them said they had set-up a direct debit of £235 for me. So nothing sorted, I can't even give meter readings online.

Was this done to get more money from the direct Debit?

Such a good company 8 years ago, but I wouldn't touch them with your barge-pole now.